Home again
On the bed, with the cat crawling all over me.

Ok, well, that didn't work out.

I made it to my mom's friend's birthday. Even made myself stay for a while and chat with a few people "my age". Learned who does and who doesn't speak Spanish, who lives here for long and who doesn't, and, of course, that I don't look my age (omG, what is it with people and telling me how old I don't look?!). Then I spent about an hour sitting in my chair quietly, chewing on my food and attempting to look like I enjoy myself. Apparently that didn't fool anyone, considering how I've been asked repeatedly if I'm ready to go home already. Eventually I had (and wanted) to say "yes".

One awkward ride with my mom's other friend (and realter) later and I was already running to my apartment. I actually crossed the distance between the elevator and my front door in record time.

Don't ask me why, I just couldn't take it in there. I felt lonely, stupid, awkward, bored, etc.--anything but comfortable. When I'm forced to go to social events like that one (and it was the least social of all you can imagine), I feel like a goldfish thrown out of the water. I couldn't breathe in there, I didn't feel like myself.

So now I'm home, again. This feels comfortable, of course, but it's not a puppy dog happiness material either. I can feel content like this... But not happy, no. I think I'm making up my own problems here, but that's just how it is. I'll just go on and be whiney for a while, because I want to and, since nobody else is home, because I can.


Note to self
:

Practice if not social, then acting skills at least.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Practice if not social, then acting skills at least."
Or just be yourself, and don't care what others think. And when you're bored, don't try not to look like it.

Vendetta said...

"Sigh" indeed...

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Cool. Me, too. I'm an antisocial person, too. Can I join your club? How much moolah? HeeHee God bless.