In my comfy bed

Ok, lets back up a day and remind ourselves of what happened yesterday...


I went to a Birthday party of a new family friend (let's call her Beauty Salon Girl), but couldn't force myself to sit through more than one hour, since I'm so antisocial and all. Also, we arrived together with my mom and had only one present, which was awkward (for me). When the night ended, I was a little upset with my childish behavior and wanted to do something that would make up for it.

Today...

Since I felt guilty for leaving the birthday party early yesterday, my mom and I ("I" is a relative term here, since I didn't pay for anything) went and bought a perfume for the BS Girl. When we made it to her workplace, gave her the present and all, we sat down together and had a small chat, which uncovered couple of interesting details about how the party actually continued and ended.

In some drunken fit of jealousy, BS Girl's husband--the sweetie sitting on my left at a party, swearing a lot--slapped her a few times across the face, which would obviously put any party to an end. As it turned out, she had the audacity to dance where the Spanish guys could ogle her, hence "deserved" a punishment. You gotta love marriage, really. You only need to make it official for a guy to start treating you like a thing. I hate to generalize, people, but I've seen it one too many times for the idea of "happily ever after" to start losing its appeal.

So, she spent the night at a friends' place instead of coming home--her home--and, of course, was distressed with how things turned out. Well, good news is that she might actually leave the jerk, which is something I would've done. I seriously don't get it when people stay together out of obligation. If it doesn't work, it doesn't. Why violate yourself and be with someone you don't even want, not to mention love?

And they keep saying "life is short" like they mean it...

0 comments: