Feb 1, 2009

Heart of wax - Sunday

I had a strange dream this morning.



I don't remember all the details, as it usually is with my dreams, but I remember that something went wrong with my heart. For some reason, it stopped working normally and lost half of its strength. I would stop breathing and it wouldn't beat. I would take a breath, and it would go again, stuttering.

So I was sitting there--hell knows where--holding a heart made of wax in my hands. One half of it was disfigured, and I felt that it was worthless. The other half was whole and rightly shaped, with some elaborate carvings on it. I took a knife and started cutting it in half, leaving the disfigured part to lay uselessly. I looked at the good half and tried to understand what I was supposed to do with it. I wanted to keep it--it seemed vital for me to keep it-- but at the same time it felt like it wasn't completely mine to keep. So I just stared at it, not sure of what to do.

And then I woke up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I had a weird dream too, but yours is so...enigmatic.

Vendetta said...

@Emma

Ckl. Ah... So that's the word. And here I was wondering.